Choosing the Best Business Phone System: Your Buyer’s Guide for Kenya, Mombasa, Nairobi
Communication, as we all know, is one of the most important things in life. And, it’s fair to say that in virtually all cases, it’s the absolute lifeblood of any business. As a result, investing in the best business phone system is not just essential, it’s almost mandatory.
The good news is, if you’re looking for the best business phone systems, you have come to the right place.
Because we know that choosing the best technology is a huge decision for you and your business. And, it’s one that doesn’t just have financial considerations, it has operational ones as well.
What options are available? Which are the best features on the market? What exact requirements does my business have?
There sure is a lot to consider. So, how exactly do you go about choosing the best systems for your company?
Are you unsure where to begin? Don’t worry. We’re here to help.
Read on for our expert guide on the best business phone systems for you and your workplace.
A Complete Guide to The Best Business Phone Systems
With a business phone system, all of the phones used by your business are connected to two things:
- They are all connected to each other
- They are all connected to your service provider or Public Switched Telephone Network
The best business phone systems are operated using two main systems.
Private Branch Exchange (PBX)
They can be controlled by a wired analog called a Private Branch Exchange (PBX).
In this model, all phones are connected to a central hub using separate cables. As technology has advanced, this is now offered by some service providers in virtual form, using their own cloud.
VoIP (Voice over IP)
They can also be operated using a VoIP phone system. This is a computer-based phone system that routes your phone calls over the internet using your Local Area Network (LAN).
Many companies choose this as their preferred option because it uses the very same network that they are already using for online work.
How do you Choose the Best Business Phone System?
All business have their own unique requirements. What works for one company may not be the optimum choice for another.
As such, it’s important to focus on the precise needs of your business before you look to invest in any specific system.
Your General business communication Needs
Here are some questions to help you define your general needs:
- Staff requirements – How many people do we want to connect and why do we want to connect them?
- Staff training – To what degree will current staff need to be trained to work the systems? What about future staff?
- Location Point – Do we have more than one location point? Do we want the same systems in all locations?
- Is our current phone system in need of a total overhaul or would it be best to upgrade it?
- What will the volume of calls be within the business? Calls from customers?
- What might the future hold for call volume and staffing levels? Can we anticipate that ahead of time?
- Who is our preferred service provider? Why?
- What kind of maintenance and support will we need?
Your Specific Office Telephone System Needs
Once you’ve considered your general requirements, you will want to move on to more specific considerations. What features will you want your business phone system to include?
Some important features of business phone systems include the following:
- Call Forwarding – an automated rerouting a call to a different number or voicemail
- Auto Attendant – a virtual receptionist or voicemail system
- Call Hold – keeping the caller on the phone until someone can take the call
- Music Hold – allows for music to play while someone is on hold
- Conference Calls – one call with multiple participants
- Speed Dial – a quick way to store important numbers that you can access instantly
- Last Number Redial – an easy way to call back the last caller
- Call screening – allowing you to answer or reject the call
- Voicemail to email transcription – converts a voicemail to an email
Once you have an idea of the exact features you’re looking for, you can move on to the best providers of those features.
The Best Business Phone Systems Currently on the Market
Depending on your budget and the exact nature of your specifications, here are some of the best business phone systems Kenya has to offer.
Avaya Kenya – Avaya Phone System
Avaya Telephone System is a well-established figurehead in the telecommunications market.
Offering advanced business solutions and maximum reliability, Avaya provides a fully functional set of applications.
As well as having important features as standard, some highlights include:
- Wireless communication systems
- Call billing
- Video conferencing
- Future-proof solutions
Cisco Phone Systems Kenya
Cisco Phone systems is a brand known across the globe for its unified communication systems. They offer an IP Telephony PBX system with traditional PABX System features, as well as advanced features.
Some of these features include:
- Increased mobility due to exceptional conferencing services
- Very cost effective calls from anywhere in the world
- Integrates the benefits of media processing, with voice and video calls unified on a single appliance
Panasonic Phone Systems
Panasonic phone systems offer the ultimate in business phone technology.
Providing the very best in reliability and flexibility, your phone system can be configured to satisfy your exact requirements.
This system is packed with advanced applications and features. It also has a flexible call management system and a varied terminal line-up. With all of these benefits, plus a whole lot besides, this Panasonic office phone system may be the right solution for all your wireless communication needs.
Though these are our favorite picks, we do have many other great phone system recommendations on the best business communications. Be sure to check them out.
Choosing the Best for your Business
When it comes to your business, only the best will do. That’s why it’s so important to acquire the information you need before you make any major business decisions.
Now that you know what to look for in the best business phone system, you only have one job left: To go out there and get it.
But, should you need any further help, reach out and talk to us. We’re always happy to help.